Your Columbia, SC Audiologist
An audiologist is a doctor whose specialty lies in the diagnosis and treatment of those with hearing loss. When we think of hearing loss, we often imagine this happening as we get older. However, anyone from newborns to seniors can experience hearing loss.
It can sometimes be difficult to know when to see an audiologist. But if you are dealing with any of these problems, it might be time to schedule an evaluation:
- You find it difficult to understand conversations around you, particularly in noisy settings.
- You have to turn the volume on high in order to hear the radio or television.
- You avoid social situations because you feel embarrassed that you can’t often hear those around you.
- You need people to repeat themselves often.
- People’s voices often sound muffled.
- You experience ringing in the ears.
- You tend to read lips instead of listening to people when they speak.
If any of these scenarios sound like your situation, it’s time to turn to your Columbia, SC audiologist. An audiologist can conduct a wide variety of hearing tests to determine the cause and severity of your hearing loss. Once we determine the root cause, we can focus on designing an individualized treatment plan to help improve your hearing.
When it comes to testing your hearing, we have all the latest technology and techniques at our disposal to provide you with the most accurate diagnostic testing possible. We are trained to check the health of the ear, remove earwax and also determine whether there is a medical reason for your hearing loss. For the small percentage of people who actually have medically-related hearing loss, we are able to recognize these symptoms so that we can refer you to a physician who will be able to provide you with the best treatment and care.
Audiologists can also provide and fit you with a hearing aid, as well as conduct certain balancing tests for those experiencing dizziness and provide hearing rehabilitation. We are up-to-date on all the latest hearing aid technology so that our patients get the best hearing aids available all the time.
Are you looking for an Audiologist?
Call the Carolina Hearing Institute serving the Columbia, SC area
at (803) 736-3277 to learn more!