Your ENT specialist in Columbia, and Lugoff, SC, can help when you are experiencing hearing loss
Hearing loss can sneak up on you. You might first notice you need to turn up the television or your music. Next, you may be missing out on conversations. These are both signs to pay attention to. Don’t worry because your ENT doctor can help.
The ENT specialists at Carolina Hearing Institute offer a wide range of ear, nose, and throat services, including treatment of hearing loss. They have two convenient office locations in Columbia, and Lugoff, SC, to help you.
If you notice any of these common signs and symptoms, it’s time for you to schedule a hearing screening with your ENT doctor:
- Hearing muffled speech and sounds
- You have trouble picking out words from background noise
- You need people to speak loudly and more slowly
- You are starting to avoid social events and conversations because of hearing problems
Hearing loss affects over 30% of adults over the age of 65, according to the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. In addition, another 14% of adults ages 45 to 64 experience some degree of hearing loss too.
If your hearing screening does show some degree of hearing loss, your ENT doctor may recommend a hearing aid. There are several types, including:
- CIC hearing aids (completely in the canal) which fit entirely inside the ear canal
- ITE hearing aids (in the ear) which loop over your outer ear, or the lower part of your ear
- BTE hearing aids (behind the ear) which hook over the top portion of your ear
- Cochlear implants, which are used to treat severe hearing loss
You don’t have to miss out on the beauty of sound. Your ENT specialist can help restore your hearing, so you can enjoy a conversation again.
To learn more about the signs, symptoms, and treatment of hearing loss, call the ENT specialists at Carolina Hearing Institute. You can reach them in either the Columbia, SC, or Lugoff, SC, offices by calling (803) 424-2208, so call today.